Saturday, August 20, 2005

Around the Blogs in 80 Seconds

I've seen some very cool stuff the past week or so in the blogosphere: thought-provoking, gut-wrenching, inspiring and funny. I've wanted to respond, but haven't had many chunks of time to do more than cursory reading.

My son has been with me all week, and he's had a bad cold, making him pretty cranky, short-tempered and bored, and needing a lot of attention. He's feeling much better today, and I'm taking him to LA to his mom's tomorrow.

For the moment, I want to highlight a couple things:
  • Welcome to Rusty! Dryblog promoted her blog the other day. She has a great-looking site and has a lot of good things to say about her first 5 months of sobriety.
  • Logan is trying to get an online meeting site going. He's moving to the sticks and has limited choices for real-world meetings. Anyone know of any other online meeting resources to recommend to him?
I hope to clutter a bunch of blogs with my comments in the next couple days, and probably call out a couple here on my blog. In the meantime -- happy trudging to AAers, happy beast-taming or whatever the hell you AVRTers do, happy seeking to those still drinking/using (you can find a way to stop), and happy living to those blessed with addiction-free lives.

6 Comments:

At 8/20/2005 03:41:00 PM, Blogger dAAve said...

Can't wait to hear from you , Phil. But first, please clean up the mess you left at Trudging's. The guacamole is everywhere!

Milkman's Sober Living Site (linked from my blog, for one) has a nightly 8pm online meeting.

 
At 8/20/2005 04:25:00 PM, Blogger Phil said...

I'll take care of Trudge's place when I'm on Step 9.

 
At 8/21/2005 07:58:00 AM, Blogger One Drunk to Another said...

Good to hear from you, Phil.

Oh wait. I haven't heard from you.

(raises one eyebrow)...

 
At 8/21/2005 08:13:00 AM, Blogger James B said...

Great website - good to hear about your progress becoming sober.

http://mckarkquey.blogspot.com

 
At 8/21/2005 09:30:00 AM, Blogger Grace said...

Hi Phil, glad yore doing well, kids are very tiring! Theres a regular meeting at http://forums.delphiforums.com/cohiba/start. Dont get in as meetings are not UK time, got it from a forum I'm on called AA Molly's. Looks like you been Blog spammed! Well I'm off to tame my beast! lol :-)

 
At 8/21/2005 01:59:00 PM, Blogger Phil said...

ODtA: Something about you seems familiar. Did I used to know you?

James: Thanks for stopping by. BTW, I couldn't find the PayPal button to contribute to the legal fund.

Grace: That's not spam, it's Scott and Suzanne. :)

(J/K -- fawning compliments about my blog, including the links to weight loss, mortgages and NASCAR, were deleted.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home