Monday, August 08, 2005

Serenity, Soil and Search Engines

I tend to blog about things in my life as they relate to recovery. There's been a pleasant, quiet day-to-day-ness in life and recovery lately, so I haven't seen much blog-worthy stuff going on. I'm eager to start on Step Two again with my sponsor this week. I'll have to make some decisions very soon about whether to move to LA or stay where I am, and therefore whether to move, and therefore where to find a job and start working. The future of my relationship with my wife remains uncertain and stressful. Fairly big stuff, actually. I'm nervous about it, but, by the grace of God, neither fearful nor anxious. I see a lot of things I need to do in my life and in my recovery, but, for the moment at least, they are not overwhelming me.

My son went back to LA with his mom on Saturday. He was with me most of the last two weeks. My mom and her husband were visiting from Chicago for a week, especially for my son's third birthday last weekend. My wife actually threw a party for him and invited us. All of it -- the time with my son, the time with mom and "dad," the party -- was great, we all had a wonderful time.

It's been busy and eventful, but has felt quiet and serene. I'm not used to that. :)

----------------------------------------------

There was a meditation in 24 Hours a Day last week that alluded to the parable of the sower. Some seed fell on stone, some on shallow soil, some on thorny soil. But some fell on good soil and yielded a rich harvest. I see my spiritual state today as thorny soil, too easily choking off new growth with the thorns that became deeply rooted over the years. Day by day, the thorns are slowly being uprooted, and the good seeds are slowly taking root. God is preparing the soil in my life. In God's time, if I am diligent in tending the garden, the soil will be good enough to yield a bountiful harvest of His blessings. I'm trying to be patient and diligent.

----------------------------------------------

Ever take a look at some of the search engine results that lead to hits on your blog? Take a look at who's number 4 of 230,771 for "information on the book the summer of my german soldier." As of this post, at least. Sheesh, enough of you click on the link here, I'll be up to number one.

I hear you can generate a lot of hits to your site from search engines if you pepper it with sexy phrases like, say, "Separated, codependent single mom available for dates in Los Angeles now!" I'm not going to do that, though. I want to keep this blog on-topic.

4 Comments:

At 8/08/2005 05:57:00 PM, Blogger dAAve said...

Please don't give me ideas for blog titles. We may have to throw an impromptu party at your place.

 
At 8/08/2005 06:31:00 PM, Blogger Phil said...

**confused**

Something in this post give you an idea for a new blog name? thesummerofmygermansoldier.blogspot.com? "Serenity, Soil and Siege Engines" wouldn't be a bad title for a history of Texas. "Single Mom Available for Dates" may be appropriate for some of our friends around here, but I don't think it quite fits you, Dave.

BTW, would it kill you to use a coaster? I didn't put them out just for the cats to play with, you know.

 
At 8/09/2005 05:02:00 AM, Blogger Andy Ternay said...

Re: the party - sounds like some of the promises are coming true for you. Sorry about the stresses elsewhere in your life.

If it makes you feel better, people routinely find my blog looking up "kilt sex", "sex in kilts", etc. Until I blogged I had no idea so many people had kilt fetishes. Pity I never met any of these women earlier... at least I'm hoping they are women.

 
At 8/09/2005 10:49:00 AM, Blogger Phil said...

Andy, are you telling me that some people found your blog in some other way? I thought... oh, oh, never mind, forget I said anything...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home