Thursday, July 14, 2005

It's Nice to Have Choices

Option 1: Be hurt and pissed off that my wife ignores my work and input for finding a new day care center for our son, be outraged that she unilaterally pursues the most expensive place in town and will expect me to pay half, and blame her because she was the one who chose, without consulting me, the day care he's in now, which is closing next week, in the first place.

Option 2: Be grateful that my wife is committed to what's best for our son, be grateful that she is willing and able to pursue it and find it, be grateful that my son may have the opportunity to attend a fine preschool, be grateful that we have the resources so he can go there, be grateful that a seeming obstacle is turning out to be a gateway to something better.

Before I choose, I will pause to be grateful that I have choices today that I wouldn't have seen before, and to be grateful for all the gratitude lists I've noticed online lately that have reminded me to be grateful.

4 Comments:

At 7/14/2005 05:56:00 PM, Blogger dAAve said...

I suspect that I know which option you will go with.

I do a M-F gratitude list, but I email it. It currently goes to 51 people. If you'd like to be included, just let me know.

 
At 7/15/2005 06:17:00 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

HI ya Phil... I feel where you are coming from on this, and it sounds like you know your choices well... sometimes in the midst of the crap it is hard to take the high road... but again, thank you for your honesty and sharing that you are seeing 2 sides the choice

let me know how it works out

 
At 7/19/2005 11:58:00 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

Hi ya Phil, its Tuesday just checkin in with ya, hope your day is going well.

 
At 7/22/2005 05:26:00 AM, Blogger Recovery Road London said...

Too true; sobriety brings choices and the potential for a whole new way of life.

:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home