Thursday, September 01, 2005

We Can Save a Life TODAY!

We in AA take "One Day at a Time."

For the people still stranded in New Orleans, there may be no tomorrow.

I have watched on TV, as I'm sure you have, the heroic efforts of rescue personnel to save lives. I have heard them speak of the "golden 72 hours," when chances of survival are good.

The 72 hours have passed.

Despite all that is being done, more needs to be done. TODAY.

"Grant me the courage to change the things I can."

One thing I can change, by doing the right thing today, is give rescuers more resources right now. I have contributed to Lutheran Disaster Response, and I invite you to join me.

This organization has a record of providing food, water, shelter and medical care to the victims of disaster. I am grateful to have the opportunity to help them with their work -- TODAY!

1 Comments:

At 9/01/2005 06:24:00 PM, Blogger dAAve said...

God bless you, Phil.
(did you send them any guacamole?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home