Thursday, December 08, 2005

Lordy, has it been THAT long!?

I knew it had been awhile, but I didn't realize it was almost three months! Here's a quick rundown:

  • See that day counter in the sidebar? It's still accurate, by the grace and mercy of God. One of the things that keeps me sober is that I know I would have to go back and reprogram that damn thing if I got drunk.
  • I'm moving to LA. I gave notice on my apartment, I'm looking for a home for my cats, and I'm looking for a room to rent for awhile until I get myself going. That's right, I don't have a place to live yet and I don't have a job, but I'm going. (A lot of people in California do this sort of thing, even those loosely called "normal.") I do, however, have a sponsor and a church. First things first. :)
  • I patched things up with my old sponsor. I haven't even asked him yet what happened with that woman. We've made our mutual amends and put it behind us. My son is thrilled -- he really missed "Uncum Bill." :)
  • My son is doing great! He can write his name -- at age 3 years 4 months. :) At the moment he's furious with me because I can't defy the laws of physics so he can play with his balloon the way he wants. And because I didn't give him candy for lunch.
  • My estranged wife has had serious health problems. Gall bladder, pancreas, kidneys and liver all involved. She went to Mexico City for surgery (it's impossible to find decent health care in LA, you know) and our son has been with me. She's recovering well and doing much better, and is returning to the US in a few days. She's still a very strange lady, but I am grateful she is a loving, devoted and commited mother to our son.
  • Don't get me started about my apartment manager. In my daily prayers, I had to add, "Lord, please grant blessings, happiness, prosperity and good health to that fucking nazi bitch."
  • My mom had a total knee replacement -- she had her other one done a couple years ago -- and she is recovering remarkably well.
An "attitude of gratitude" is gradually becoming a consistent, natural outlook on my life. God has to whup me upside the head with a two-by-four now and then, just to get my attention, but I'm even learning to be thankful for what He is telling me when He does it! I am blessed with so much, so far beyond anything I deserve or could ever earn -- and that would have remained utterly beyond my grasp without the central blessing of sobriety.

God bless each of you. I love you all! I count each of my blog friends as a blessing, though I don't always express it and share my gratitude consistently. It's truly a miracle that I have been granted over 300 days of continuous sobriety -- and you have been instruments of God's grace in performing that miracle! Thank you, from the bottom of my heart!

11 Comments:

At 12/09/2005 06:48:00 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

Phil I just am so happy to see you are blogging again... and glad to hear things are good with you and your son! Sorry about the baby mama drama... but like you said at least she is devoted to your son!

Really glad to see you!! LOL you know what I mean!!!!!!!!

WOW a move to LA wow!

 
At 12/09/2005 06:59:00 AM, Blogger dAAve said...

the details don't matter

you're back and that's what matters. i was worried.

please stay connected to us.
please
oh please
oh please phil
oh please phil stay with us
coffee's on

 
At 12/09/2005 07:03:00 AM, Blogger Phil said...

Jane: hehe -- "finging" seems about the right word for whatever the hell I'm doing! :)

Shan: I know, LA, sheesh. "My kind of town..." No, wait. "If I can make it there..." Nope. "Hooray for Hollywood..." Yoiks.

Dave: That pic of a skinny shirtless Santa Claus may drive me away for good. :)

 
At 12/09/2005 09:03:00 AM, Blogger MrsM said...

Alright bud, no more disappearing acts eh? Marty and I were just talking about you last night in the ER - we've missed you. Glad to hear things are good. I'll catch up more later, were off for a doctors appointment.

 
At 12/09/2005 11:04:00 AM, Blogger Phil said...

Sirreene: Not to worry, I can still sit on my ass like a champ.

Bossco: Marty talking about me in the ER?? He must have still been on the narcotics.

Luscious: Good to see you again, too, LaJuana! :)

Everyone: Say an extra prayer for Bossco's husband, Marty, who had a very painful accident at home recently. He's still at risk of potentially serious infection. Let's all pray he's mended and back on the ladder very soon!

 
At 12/09/2005 12:41:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Heeeeeeee's baaaaaack!!!

 
At 12/09/2005 02:50:00 PM, Blogger Trudging said...

God bless you Phil, it is good to see you back. I am glad that you are doing well.

 
At 12/09/2005 04:51:00 PM, Blogger Phil said...

Trudge: Good to see you, too! :)

AAwok: Particle?????

 
At 12/09/2005 05:06:00 PM, Blogger dAAve said...

Yes Phil, that's Particle. New name. Same man.

All kidding aside.
Did you hear the one about ...

 
At 12/14/2005 03:37:00 PM, Blogger JJ said...

I friggin missed you.
and
I SEE YOU,
JJ

 
At 12/14/2005 04:00:00 PM, Blogger Phil said...

HOORAY!! JJ'S BACK!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home