Saturday, January 22, 2005

"Abandon Yourself to God"

"Abandon Yourself to God."

I've been going to a noon meeting every day, a new meeting for me. Each day the meeting closes with the concluding passage of the Big Book, before the personal stories (not a typical tradition in my town).

These words struck me. I know I have to "let go and let God," get myself out of the way, surrender, "turn my will and my life over to God." I have to turn my fear over to God, "do the next indicated thing" and let God handle the outcomes. Faith=Belief+Trust+Action.

"Some of us tried to hold on to our old ideas and the result was nil until we let go absolutely."

"We asked His protection and care with complete abandon."

Why is it so hard for me to do this? Why can't I let go absolutely, abandon myself to God's care, God's will, God's purpose? I want, more than anything, to let go. I want to live, I want to live in the light of God, to be an instrument of His peace.

Yet I am still tangled up in the hell I have designed and built for myself.

Please, God, show me your way!



2 Comments:

At 1/25/2005 09:31:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Phil! I just discovered your blog today and read all the posts from the beginning. Sounds like you're having a rough time of it. I will keep you and your recovery in my thoughts and prayers. I wish I could do more to help you.

Trinker

 
At 1/25/2005 09:46:00 AM, Blogger Abecedarian said...

This little book is dedicated to all of us who have journeyed into the heart of the jungle to find the source of "denial".

http://phielawesoflee.blogspot.com/

If the stories in the big book touched your heart, perhaps another might as well.

This is my story.

Doug L.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home