Thursday, December 30, 2004

LaLaLand

My wife got a job, which is good -- in LA, which is bad. That's 3 hours from here, if traffic is okay. She's taking the boy with her, which will make me a McDonalds-on-weekends dad, which I do NOT want to be. I have to be a part of his everyday life, to be the father I want to be.

So, if she keeps this job -- it would be the first time in her life -- I will have to move to LA, to be near my son. I have never, ever wanted to live in LA. I have to put some time in and make a good income in my new job for a few months before I move. And give my wife a few months in her job to make sure she will stick with it.

But I have to be near my son. Wherever he is, that is where I have to be.

3 Comments:

At 12/31/2004 04:18:00 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

I am on the other end of the single parent spectrum, wishing the dad would spend more than 3 hours a week with the kids. Good for you for focusing on your son.LA would not be my first (or 2nd, or 3rd...)choice to raise a child. I hope this works out. I am sure you can find a way to be in his life every day.And isn't this DAY 5 for you...?

 
At 12/31/2004 07:21:00 AM, Blogger Phil said...

I think, for the time being, I'll be treating each day as Day One.

 
At 1/16/2005 04:51:00 PM, Blogger MrsM said...

Its been sometime since the blogger world has heard from you. Did you end up moving? Hoping everything is going well and keeping you in my prayers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home