Thursday, December 30, 2004

LaLaLand

My wife got a job, which is good -- in LA, which is bad. That's 3 hours from here, if traffic is okay. She's taking the boy with her, which will make me a McDonalds-on-weekends dad, which I do NOT want to be. I have to be a part of his everyday life, to be the father I want to be.

So, if she keeps this job -- it would be the first time in her life -- I will have to move to LA, to be near my son. I have never, ever wanted to live in LA. I have to put some time in and make a good income in my new job for a few months before I move. And give my wife a few months in her job to make sure she will stick with it.

But I have to be near my son. Wherever he is, that is where I have to be.

3 Comments:

At 12/31/2004 04:18:00 AM, Blogger Spoon said...

I am on the other end of the single parent spectrum, wishing the dad would spend more than 3 hours a week with the kids. Good for you for focusing on your son.LA would not be my first (or 2nd, or 3rd...)choice to raise a child. I hope this works out. I am sure you can find a way to be in his life every day.And isn't this DAY 5 for you...?

 
At 12/31/2004 07:21:00 AM, Blogger Phil said...

I think, for the time being, I'll be treating each day as Day One.

 
At 1/16/2005 04:51:00 PM, Blogger K said...

Its been sometime since the blogger world has heard from you. Did you end up moving? Hoping everything is going well and keeping you in my prayers.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home