Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Road Warrior

I wouldn't have done a geographic to southern California if I wanted to be on Long Island in February.

This is my first business trip since getting sober. I was dreading it. I got so burned out on travel before. Getting up in the middle of the night, making my way to the airport, carrying heavy bags, going through security, the horrible air in the plane -- I was always completely frazzled by the time I got to my room, found a liquor store and started looking for strip clubs.

Well, the liquor store and strip club weren't on the agenda this time, but the rest was. And needless to say, by the time I reached my room I was... just fine, thank you! They must have done extensive customer service training at TSA. And they've improved the air on the planes a lot. The ordeal I anticipated was no sweat. I'm doing some work in my room, went to dinner with colleagues, and I'm prepared for the meeting tomorrow.

I'm really grateful they've been working so hard to make business travel less awful since I quit drinking.

3 Comments:

At 2/07/2007 11:40:00 AM, Blogger Annabel Hine said...

It's amazing how much more enjoyable or, at the very least, less awful things are since I stopped getting loaded. Good for you! And thanks for linking to my little blog!

 
At 2/08/2007 02:23:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PHIL!!! I am so glad I stopped by and saw that you posted :) I have been away from the blog world and missed every one.

Nice to see that you are still around and doing well & staying off the pole ;)

Blue

 
At 3/07/2007 02:07:00 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

I am glad you had a nice trip phil
miss ya and thought I would say HI
HI

 

Post a Comment

<< Home