Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Rigorous Honesty

It seems a good way to start the new year by implementing yet another form of rigorous honesty here on this blog.

For over three years, I have used an avatar that is not actually me:


This handsome gentleman is, of course, Bill W., co-founder of Alcoholics Anonymous. I admire him very much, and I do, honestly, try to live by the principles he and the other good oldtimers laid out for us.

He is also a lot better-looking than I am.

I think, though, it's time for me to have an avatar that reflects who I actually am, so that with a glance a reader can get a sense of how I really think and act. In the spirit of rigorous honesty, here is my new avatar:

I actually look more like this than I do like Bill, anyway.

Happy New Year! May God shower you with blessings throughout 2008!

2 Comments:

At 1/05/2008 02:48:00 PM, Blogger dAAve said...

I would recognize you anywhere!

 
At 12/31/2008 04:47:00 PM, Blogger JJ said...

I love you Phil.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home